Kick–off meeting for coordinators in Austria
St. Paul im Lavanttal, 12. - 16.10.2015
The first official transnational meeting between the coordinators of each school was held by the Stiftsgymnasium der Benediktiner zu St. Paul near the city of Wolfsberg (St. Paul im Lavanttal). The Austrian school was represented by Giovanni Santoro (EU general coordinator of the project) and Angelika Kappler, the French school was represented by Vincent Lambert and Stephanie Batisse, the Italian school was represented by Mara Belluzzi and Monica Vielmi, the Polish school was represented by Anna Bijak and Anna Žuravik, the Spanish school was represented by Simon Pérez Gonzalez and Fernando Hidalgo Fernández and the English school, was represented by Eulalee Connor.
The purpose of the meeting was to organize the project in every detail. The meeting focused on the following issues:
- Presentation to all partners involved in the project of the evaluation of the application by the Austrian Erasmus+ National Agency;
- Planning and organisation of all appropriate activities that are to be carried out during the entire project lifecycle;
- Agreement about the activities in preparation to each short-term exchange with students (Erasmus+ corner, internal/external dissemination activities with parents, teachers, students, portfolios, hosting families, etc.);
- Agreement about the activities during each short-term exchange with students (classroom immersion, workshops, excursions, dissemination activities, etc.);
- Agreement about the project timeline (dates of the transnational meetings and the short-term exchanges);
- Agreement about the expected results upon the completion of the project;
- Agreement about the tasks and responsibilities of each partner school;
- Consideration of project risks and agreement about the evaluation criteria/methods;
- Explanation of the budget;
On the second day a dissemination conference was organized, on the occasion of which the plan of the activities has been presented and the principal of the school, Mr. Thomas Petutschnig, some partners and the genaral coordinator have been interviewed by the local television, radio and press.
During the meeting, apart from working hard, the team visited the surroundings and had the opportunity of discovering the beauty of the region and of learning about the culture of the area.